Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Why I Speak Out

I was recently having an online debate with a typical progressive lib, after dissecting his health care talking points like the myth of the 47 million uninsured, or that insurance companies have the final say about the care you receive. He finally just replied with this;

“Dolpies, why does some poor schmo from Philly speak out in favor of HMO's and the medical lobby? Whatever you can afford now, a government medical system would be an improvement. So why vote against your self interest? It makes no sense.”


I was so glad he asked me that question and this was my reply; Why do I speak out? I'm not speaking out defending HMO's or any lobby, in fact if you really think about it there would be no medical lobby or any lobby for that matter, if government was not increasingly stepping into areas that are none of it’s concern. The only way you can make any improvements to health Insurance is by reducing the governments role not expanding it. There is nothing government can offer me that I want or will accept. I know it might surprise you that there are still people who will not trade liberty for security, but I got news for you, there are more than you think. As for my interests, my interest is a limited constitutional government by consent, my interest is that no man needs to work to provide the government with a majority of his income, my interest is using my God given talents to do anything I can to help preserve the liberty you are so willing to give away. So at least if I fail and tyranny wins, I will be able to look my children in the eyes & say I did everything I could, but now you must carry on the fight. My interest is that my 1 year old can grow in a society where the freedoms his ancestors once enjoyed in The United states are not just part of the stories or folklore passed down by the generations. I would ask you a black man from Ohio, Why are you so willing to sell your children and grandchildren into slavery & serfdom. By accepting the Idea that health care is a fundamental right you have chosen to allow government to ration how you will exercise that right, how can it be right if the government can administer it? What other rights will you so willingly cede for a small handout? You see, you have already volunteered yourself for slavery under this soft form of tyranny. No sir my liberty and that of my progeny has a much higher price. It makes me wonder who exactly is the poor schmo?

Anthony D Dolpies
Reply With Quote

No comments:

Post a Comment